New User:

-or-
Username:
Password:
Forgot your password?

Stock Market & Financial Investment News

News Breaks
January 4, 2013
08:14 EDTTOSBF, SHAWShaw's NEH sells 20% interest in Toshiba Nuclear Energy Holdings
Shaw (SHAW) says in an 8-K filing that on January 4, Nuclear Energy Holdings, a wholly owned special purpose subsidiary, sold its 20% equity interest in Toshiba Nuclear Energy Holdings (US) Inc. and Toshiba Nuclear Energy Holdings (UK) Limited, and their subsidiaries to Toshiba Corp. (TOSBF). Toshiba purchased the Shares at a price of Y$124.7B, the price prescribed in the Put Option Agreements entered into by the parties at the time of NEH’s original investment. The cash proceeds were deposited in trust to fund 96.7% of the future repayment of limited recourse bonds issued through the Japanese private placement market to fund NEH’s investment in Westinghouse. NEH will separately fund the Trust with the remaining 3.3%, $4.3B JPY, of the principal amount of the Westinghouse Bonds, plus the regularly scheduled semi-annual interest payment by March 15. The Trustee will repay the Westinghouse Bonds at their maturity on March 15.
News For SHAW;TOSBF From The Last 14 Days
Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.
July 28, 2015
13:23 EDTTOSBFMore Toshiba executives expected to resign over accounting scandal, Nikkei says
Subscribe for More Information
July 27, 2015
06:39 EDTTOSBFToshiba develops new process technologies for MCUs, wireless ICs, DigiTimes says
Toshiba announced the development of 2 new process technologies for low-cost applications such as microcontrollers, wireless communication ICs, motor controller drivers and power supply ICs, reports DigiTimes. In response to strong demand for low power consumption in areas using wearable and healthcare-related equipment, Toshiba adopted SST's third-generation SuperFlash cell technology, in combination with its own 65nm logic process technology. Reference Link
July 22, 2015
17:21 EDTTOSBFSanDisk does not expect Toshiba announcement to impact financial results
Subscribe for More Information
July 21, 2015
05:46 EDTTOSBFToshiba CEO Hisao Tanaka resigns following accounting scandal, BBC reports
Subscribe for More Information
July 20, 2015
11:30 EDTTOSBFToshiba to restate past profits by at least Y151.8B after probe
Toshiba provided notice earlier that it received the investigation report from its independent investigation committee and reported that it must correct at least Y151.8B of pretax earnings over a period from fiscal year 2008 to fiscal year 2014 through the third quarter. The company will review fiscal 2014 earnings with auditors and submit its result by the end of August, the company noted. Reference Link
July 19, 2015
18:22 EDTTOSBFJapanese regulator to pursue penalty for Toshiba, Nikkei says
Subscribe for More Information
July 17, 2015
06:12 EDTTOSBFToshiba executives involved in improper accounting, probe finds, Reuters reports
Subscribe for More Information
July 15, 2015
08:50 EDTTOSBFToshiba to book charges of $2.4B-$3.2B for improper accounting, Reuters says
Subscribe for More Information
06:06 EDTTOSBFToshiba CEO, Vice Chairman expected to step down in September, Reuters reports
Toshiba CEO Hisao Tanaka is expected to step down in September in order to take responsibility for accounting irregularities which sources say led to profits being overstated by over Y170B, or $1.2B, Reuters reports. Other board members, including Vice Chairman Norio Sasaki, are also expected to step down, the sources say. Reference Link

Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.

I agree to the theflyonthewall.com disclaimer & terms of use