New User:

Forgot your password?

Stock Market & Financial Investment News

News Breaks
July 14, 2014
17:16 EDTNURONeuroMetrix files to sell 5.89M shares of common stock for holders
News For NURO From The Last 14 Days
Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.
August 31, 2015
10:31 EDTNURONeuroMetrix reports pilot study data of wearable pain relief technology
NeuroMetrix announced preliminary results from a pilot study of its wearable pain relief technology in subjects with restless leg syndrome. RLS, which is also known as Willis-Ekbom Disease, is a common sleep disorder characterized by a strong urge to move the legs at night. The pilot study was an open-label, single-arm, flexible dosing, 4-week trial. The objective of the study was to determine if transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, when delivered using a wearable intensive nerve stimulation device, is an effective and safe treatment for RLS, and to explore its effect on sleep in subjects with RLS. A total of nine subjects were evaluated. Two-thirds of the subjects were responders to the therapy according to the Clinical Global Impression of improvement scale. Overall RLS severity decreased by 32%, as assessed by the International Restless Leg Syndrome scale, which was statistically significant. Similarly, several sleep related outcomes measures showed statistically significant improvement. A complete set of results and analyses will be published by Dr. Winkelman who stated, "Pharmacologic treatments, though an important advance over the past 20 years for patients with RLS, leave much to be desired. Effective non-pharmacological treatments would be of great value, and these are encouraging preliminary results that must now be confirmed in a sham-controlled study."
August 27, 2015
07:15 EDTNURONeuroMetrix reports over 200,000 members assessed with DPNCheck
Subscribe for More Information
August 18, 2015
09:23 EDTNUROOn The Fly: Pre-market Movers
Subscribe for More Information
07:04 EDTNURONeuroMetrix reports 'positive' clinical results for Quell
NeuroMetrix announced preliminary results from a clinical study of the Quell Wearable Pain Relief device in subjects with chronic pain. The study was an open-label, single-arm, flexible dosing, 60-day trial of Quell for treatment of chronic pain. The average age of the subjects was 56 years and 45% were female. Most had chronic pain for 1-10 years, although nearly a quarter had more than 15 years of pain. The subjects had 3 sites of pain on average and complex medical histories with arthritis, diabetes, sciatica, and fibromyalgia as the most common. At baseline, 40% of the subjects had severe pain, with the remaining 60% reporting moderate pain. The primary outcome measure was strongly positive with 81% of subjects rating Quell therapy as improving their chronic pain and overall health on a Patient Global Impression of Change scale. Secondary outcome measures were also positive with 67% of subjects reporting a reduction in use of pain medications. Pain intensity, relief, and interference, which were assessed using the Brief Pain Inventory, showed statistically significant improvement over the 60-day study period. The largest measured changes were in pain relief and interference with sleep, general activity, and walking ability.

Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.
I agree to the disclaimer & terms of use