New User:

-or-
Username:
Password:
Forgot your password?

Stock Market & Financial Investment News

News For NOSYMBOL From The Last 14 Days
Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.
<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 >>
August 14, 2015
08:45 EDTFX Action: The dollar rallied
Subscribe for More Information
08:40 EDTU.S. PPI (final demand) rose 0.2% in July with the core up 0.3%
Subscribe for More Information
08:34 EDTFutures drift slightly lower following producer prices report
Stock futures drifted lower following the release of the producer prices report. The data showed that prices rose 0.2% overall versus expectations of an increase of 0.1%. When food and energy data is removed, the core reading was up 0.3% versus expectations of a 0.1% gain. The next economic reports are due out at 9:15 am ET, when data on industrial production and capacity utilization reports are due to be released.
08:20 EDTU.S. PPI Preview
Subscribe for More Information
08:15 EDTFed rate predictions implied by Fed funds futures are "squishy"
Fed rate predictions implied by Fed funds futures are "squishy" and not precise, according to WSJ's Hilsenrath, due to the target being a 0.0-0.25% range with the actual rate averaging somewhere in between and a $2.6 B balance sheet hanging over the whole operation. The actual trading level upon which the futures are based could be erratic into month-end settlements, amplified in the further deferred contracts. He noted: "This is not to say there is no information embedded in futures price movements. There is plenty. Last week, when the Labor Department reported healthy jobs numbers, the implied probability of a rate increase flashing on Mr. Hollenhorst's screen jumped from 53% to 60%. The levels weren't as meaningful as the movement, Mr. Hollenhorst says. The market was sending a signal that investors saw increased chances the Fed would move. The probability then sank from 60% to 50% when China devalued its currency Tuesday. Again, the level wasn't as meaningful as the signal the market was sending: China's action could give the Fed pause. Take the probabilities themselves with some dose of skepticism. What really matters is what they saw about events that change the Fed's economic scorecard."
08:10 EDTEnergy Action: NYMEX crude touched new trend lows
Energy Action: NYMEX crude touched new trend lows of $41.46 in early Asian trade, though has since recovered to as high as $42.40, as the dollar moves lower, and as pre-weekend short covering steps in. The contract had peaked at $45.34 on Tuesday of this week, and it had been all down hill from there in light of China slowdown fears, and a global supply glut. RBOB gasoline, which has been holding up better due to unplanned refinery outages, has played catch-up overnight, falling nearly 10 cents from Thursday's high, now trading at $1.685/gallon, Natural gas, which dove over 3% on Thursday following bearish inventory data, is steady near the bottom of its weekly range, at $2.81/M BTU.
07:40 EDTTreasury Market Outlook: Treasuries are higher
Subscribe for More Information
07:20 EDTFX Update: The dollar ebbed
Subscribe for More Information
07:06 EDTFutures quiet following little change in China currency
Stock futures are quiet in early trading as investors relax after China's currency ended last night little changed. The euro zone's GDP numbers were uninspiring, leaving investors to look to the U.S., which is expected to report data on producer prices, industrial production and consumer confidence today.
05:56 EDTAugust front month equity options last day to trade is August 21, 2015
Subscribe for More Information
05:53 EDTOn The Fly: Morning Wrap-Up for August 14
Subscribe for More Information
03:25 EDTFX Action: The yen is trading mixed
Subscribe for More Information
02:50 EDTFX Update: Narrow ranges prevailed in cautious trade
Subscribe for More Information
02:01 EDTWeek of 8/17 Money Supply to be released at 16:30
Subscribe for More Information
02:01 EDTWeek of 8/26 Fed Balance Sheet to be released at 16:30
<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 >>

Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.
I agree to the theflyonthewall.com disclaimer & terms of use