New User:

-or-
Username:
Password:
Forgot your password?

Stock Market & Financial Investment News

News Breaks
March 21, 2014
10:46 EDTNXST, LIN, GTN, MEGMedia General, LIN Media surge following merger agreement
Shares of Media General (MEG) and LIN Media (LIN) are both higher this morning after Media General announced a deal to buy LIN. WHAT'S NEW: LIN shareholders will receive aggregate consideration valued at $1.6B in a combination of cash and stock, or $27.82 per share. This represents a 28% premium to LIN's trailing 20-day volume weighted average price on March 19. The transaction enterprise value is about $2.6B based on LIN's pro forma net debt balance of $968M at December 31. At closing, LIN Media investors will own 36% of the new holding company, which will be named Media General, while Media General will hold the other 64%. When the deal closes, LIN Media's president and CEO, Vincent Sadusky, will become the new company's president and CEO, while J. Stewart Bryan III will continue on as chairman. Media General says the deal will be immediately accretive on a pro forma free cash flow per share basis and will generate significant cash flow. Benefits of the deal, Media General says, include approximately $70M of annual run-rate synergies within three years after closing and the opportunity, post closing, to continue growing and expanding the company. The agreement provides for a "window-shop" period through April 24, during which LIN will be able to provide certain information to third parties who submit an acquisition inquiry. LIN is also allowed to enter into discussions and negotiations with third parties that submit a superior acquisition proposal and the deal has a termination fee of $26.6M if a separate agreement is reached before May 15. WHAT'S NOTABLE: Media General Chairman Bryan commented that combining the two will create the second largest pure-play TV broadcasting company in the United States. PRICE ACTION: Shares of LIN Media are up 23.36%, or $5.02, to $26.51 in mid-morning trading. Media General is up 6.4%, or $1.11, to $18.45. OTHERS TO WATCH: Shares of television-station owner peer Gray Television (GTN) are up nearly 11%, while Nexstar Broadcasting (NXST) is up almost 10%.
News For MEG;LIN;NXST;GTN From The Last 14 Days
Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.
December 19, 2014
08:39 EDTMEGMedia General, Lin Media complete merger
Subscribe for More Information
December 15, 2014
10:00 EDTMEGOn The Fly: Analyst Initiation Summary
Subscribe for More Information
08:34 EDTNXSTNexstar announces long-term affiliation agreement with NBC Television Network
Subscribe for More Information
06:33 EDTMEGMedia General initiated with a Buy at Evercore ISI
Subscribe for More Information
December 12, 2014
17:48 EDTMEG, LINMedia General, LIN Media receive FCC approval for merger
Subscribe for More Information
December 11, 2014
05:18 EDTNXSTNexstar, DISH reach distribution agreement
Nexstar Broadcasting (NXST) announced that it reached a new distribution agreement with DISH Network (DISH) allowing the satellite television provider the right to continue to air Nexstarís programming. The agreement covers Nexstarís broadcast platform inclusive of 60 network affiliated and local stations in 46 markets. On Monday, December 8, Nexstar granted DISH an extension until 11:59 p.m. ET tonight to the companiesí previous agreement.
December 9, 2014
07:32 EDTNXSTUBS to hold a conference
Subscribe for More Information
05:24 EDTNXSTNexstar provides third extension to DISH distribution agreement
Nexstar Broadcasting (NXST) announced that it has provided the third extension of its distribution agreement with DISH Network (DISH) allowing the satellite television provider the right to continue to air Nexstarís highly rated programming until 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 10. The agreement covers Nexstarís broadcast platform inclusive of 60 network affiliated and local stations in 46 markets. DISHís previous extension with Nexstar expires at 11:59 p.m. ET. Nextar stated that for over two months, it has been negotiating in good faith to establish a mutually agreeable contract with DISH and Nexstar remains hopeful that a resolution can be reached without a service interruption to viewers in affected markets.
December 8, 2014
11:57 EDTGTNGray Television management to meet with Sidoti
Meetings to be held in Montreal/Toronto on December 9 hosted by Sidoti.

Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.

I agree to the theflyonthewall.com disclaimer & terms of use