New User:

-or-
Username:
Password:
Forgot your password?

Stock Market & Financial Investment News

News Breaks
March 25, 2013
11:14 EDTCBS, LGFCBS buying TV Guide stake should boost Lionsgate, says Piper Jaffray
Piper Jaffray believes CBS (CBS) buying a 49% stake in TV Guide Network from JP Morgan's One Equity would boost the valuation of Lionsgate, owner of the remaining 51% of TV Guide. Piper sees CBS as a better partner to Lionsgate and thinks the outlook for the channel would improve with a CBS acquisition. The firm reiterates an Overweight rating on Lionsgate.
News For LGF;CBS From The Last 14 Days
Check below for free stories on LGF;CBS the last two weeks.
Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.
August 21, 2014
06:20 EDTCBSCBS seeking bigger share of pay-television revenue from affiliates, WSJ reports
CBS last week stripped an Indianapolis station of its affiliation due to a fee disagreement as it seeks a bigger share of pay-television revenue, reports the Wall Street Journal. The Indianapolis station's owner LIN Media (LIN) was set to be acquired by Media General (MEG) for $1.6B this year, but Media General cut its acquisition price Wednesday by 7%, or more than $100M, with the move from CBS cited as one of the reasons. According to Gabelli & Co., the lack of a CBS affiliation may cost the statio tens of millions of dollars in annual revenue to decline. Reference Link
August 20, 2014
07:33 EDTCBSCBS management to meet with Needham
Subscribe for More Information
August 15, 2014
11:01 EDTLGFWWE, Lionsgate announce second film in deal, Lockdown
Subscribe for More Information
06:03 EDTCBSCBS, Cumulus, MDC oversold after Q2 results, says Piper Jaffray
Piper Jaffray says ad-related stocks CBS (CBS), Cumulus Media (CMLS) and MDC Partners (MDCA) are oversold following the Q2 reporting season. Piper expects the ad market to turn around in Q3 and accelerate in Q4.
August 14, 2014
17:16 EDTCBSPaulson & Co gives quarterly update on stakes
Subscribe for More Information
09:07 EDTCBSMorgan Stanley to hold a conference
Subscribe for More Information
August 11, 2014
10:03 EDTCBSCBS, Tribune renew existing affiliation agreements
Subscribe for More Information
06:26 EDTLGFLionsgate sues as 'Expendables 3' leaks, WSJ reports
Subscribe for More Information
August 8, 2014
15:40 EDTLGFLionsgate management to meet with Piper Jaffray
Subscribe for More Information
August 7, 2014
18:32 EDTCBSCBS sees national advertising trends accelerating in second half
18:27 EDTCBSCBS CEO Moonves says 'happy' with assets, not interested in buying CNN
18:24 EDTCBSCBS CEO Les Moonves says upfront sales volume down 'slightly'
Subscribe for More Information
16:26 EDTLGFLionsgate reports Q1 adjusted EPS 36c, consensus 17c
Subscribe for More Information
16:05 EDTCBSCBS reports Q2 Entertainment segment revenue $1.84B
Subscribe for More Information
16:04 EDTCBSCBS boosts share buyback to $6B, increases dividend 25% to 15c
CBS announced an increase in the amount available under its share repurchase program from $3B to $6B. Since the share repurchase program was initiated in January 2011, through June 30, the company has repurchased 162M shares of its Class B Common Stock for $6.8B. CBS also announced an increase to its quarterly dividend from 12c per share to 15c per share. This dividend is payable on October 1 to shareholders of record on September 10.
16:03 EDTCBSCBS boosts share buyback to $6B, to increase dividend 25%
Subscribe for More Information
16:02 EDTCBSCBS reports Q2 adjusted EPS 78c, consensus 72c
Reports Q2 revenue $3.19B, consensus $3.23B. Reports Q2 free cash flow
15:33 EDTLGF, CBS Notable companies reporting after market close
Subscribe for More Information
15:31 EDTLGF, CBSNotable companies reporting after market close
Notable companies reporting after the market close, with earnings consensus, include CBS (CBS), consensus 72c; Consolidated Edison (ED), consensus 54c; Monster Beverage (MNST), consensus 75c; News Corporation (NWSA), consensus 3c; NVIDIA (NVDA), consensus 20c; Computer Sciences (CSC), consensus 94c; CareFusion (CFN), consensus 72c;DeVry Education (DV), consensus 67c; Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP), consensus $1.72; Federal Realty (FRT), consensus $1.21; SolarCity (SCTY), consensus (99c); Medivation (MDVN), consensus 24c; Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM), consensus 18c; Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY), consensus (56c); Lions Gate (LGF), consensus 17c; Mercadolibre (MELI), consensus 56c; Post Holdings (POST), consensus 27c; Assured Guaranty (AGO), consensus 35c; Great Plains Energy (GXP), consensus 41c; Air Lease (AL), consensus 52c; Ubiquiti Networks (UBNT), consensus 51c; SemGroup (SEMG), consensus 35c.
13:25 EDTCBSEarnings Preview: CBS shares little changed since Q1 report
Subscribe for More Information

Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.

I agree to the theflyonthewall.com disclaimer & terms of use