New User:

-or-
Username:
Password:
Forgot your password?

Stock Market & Financial Investment News

News Breaks
November 13, 2009
12:13 EDTGE, CMCSA, CMCSKGeneral Electric's talks with Vivendi over NBC progressing slowly, CNBC reports
General Electric (GE) is slowly making progress in its talks with Vivendi, sources tell CNBC. The two are in talks for Vivendi to divest its 20% in NBC Universal. A deal is still expected in the next 10 days. GE currently has a $30B agreement with Comcast (CMCSA) to turn NBCU into a joint venture, which would give Comcast a 51% stake and GE the other 49%. Reference Link
News For GE;CMCSA;CMCSK From The Last 14 Days
Check below for free stories on GE;CMCSA;CMCSK the last two weeks.
Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.
August 29, 2014
15:13 EDTGEQuirky drops out of bidding to buy appliance unit from GE, Bloomberg says
Subscribe for More Information
08:44 EDTGEQuirky drops out of bidding to buy appliance unit from GE, Bloomberg says
August 27, 2014
11:56 EDTCMCSK, CMCSANY Governor Cuomo orders investigation of Time Warner Cable outage
Subscribe for More Information
August 26, 2014
10:51 EDTCMCSAZoom Telephonics files FCC petition opposing Charter's cable modem policies
Subscribe for More Information
09:35 EDTCMCSANetflix files formal protest against Comcast merger, Engadget reports
Netflix (NFLX) has filed a petition to the FCC against the proposed merger between Comcast (CMCSA) and Time Warner Cable (TWC), as the streaming company has previously indicated it would, reported Engadget. Netflix claims the deal would result in "serious public interest harm" and that a merged cable giant would have huge leverage over it and rivals like Hulu, which is a joint venture owned by Comcast itself along with partners Disney (DIS) and 21st Century Fox (FOXA). Reference Link
August 25, 2014
19:00 EDTCMCSADISH Network petitions FCC to deny Comcast, Time Warner merger
Citing irreparable harm to competition and consumers, DISH Network (DISH) petitioned the Federal Communications Commission, or FCC, to deny the merger of Comcast (CMCSA) and Time Warner Cable (TWC). The petition to deny outlines, among other things, the critical role high-speed broadband plays in the video industry and the potential for the merger to significantly damage competitive development of over-the-top video and limit consumer access to online video programming.
10:01 EDTGEHill-Rom reports settlement in patent infringement lawsuit with GE
Subscribe for More Information
07:34 EDTGEBristow Group appoints Akiri Chief Corporate Development officer
Subscribe for More Information
06:20 EDTCMCSAFCC seeks more data from Comcast regarding TWC deal, Reuters says
Subscribe for More Information
August 22, 2014
18:16 EDTGEGeneral Electric equipped 787 Dreamliner approved by regulators, WSJ says
Subscribe for More Information
18:05 EDTGEGeneral Electric awarded $123.4M government contract
General Electric Company, Lynn, Massachusetts, has been awarded a maximum $123,409,100 firm-fixed-price contract for compressor parts. This contract is a sole-source acquisition. This is a five-year base contract, with no option periods. Location of performance is Massachusetts, with an Aug. 21, 2019 performance completion date. Using military service is Army. Type of appropriation is fiscal 2014 Army working capital funds. The contracting activity is the Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
08:01 EDTGEGE CFS, VNG.co to support expansion of CNG fueling infrastructure
GE Capital Fleet Services announced an agreement with VNG.co, a national CNG fueling facility provider, to support the expansion of the CNG refueling infrastructure for light-duty fleet vehicles. Through the agreement with VNG, GE Capital Fleet Servicesí customers will be able to take advantage of the increasing accessibility of CNG fueling stations, minimize overall fuel costs and meet financial and environmental objectives through the use of a lower cost, more stably priced, environmentally friendly and domestically sourced fuel.
05:58 EDTCMCSA, CMCSKComcast launches streaming TV services for college campuses, WSJ reports
Subscribe for More Information
August 20, 2014
08:11 EDTGEGE Healthcare Life Sciences announces new U.S. headquarters in MA
Subscribe for More Information
August 19, 2014
17:31 EDTGEGE plans to invest $3.5B in aircraft engine unit, Nikkei says
General Electric plans to invest $3.5B in its aircraft engine business over the five years to 2017, as it looks to boost production, says Nikkei. Reference Link
06:22 EDTGEGeneral Electric in talks with Electrolux to sell appliance business, WSJ says
Subscribe for More Information
August 18, 2014
07:07 EDTGEGeneral Electric reinstated with an Outperform at Credit Suisse
Subscribe for More Information

Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.

I agree to the theflyonthewall.com disclaimer & terms of use