New User:

-or-
Username:
Password:
Forgot your password?

Stock Market & Financial Investment News

News Breaks
May 7, 2014
03:19 EDTBSXBoston Scientific acquires IoGyn
Boston Scientific has signed a definitive agreement to acquire IoGyn, a pre-commercial stage company. The transaction is expected to close within days. IoGyn has developed and received U.S. Food and Drug Administration, FDA, clearance for the Symphion System, a next generation system for hysteroscopic intrauterine tissue removal including fibroids and polyps. This acquisition enables the pairing of the Symphion System with the Boston Scientific Genesys HTA System for abnormal uterine bleeding, to create a compelling set of gynecologic surgery products.Prior to the acquisition, Boston Scientific held approximately 28% equity ownership, in addition to notes receivable of approximately $8M. Total consideration included a net cash payment of approximately $65M at closing to acquire the remaining 72% of IoGyn and repay outstanding debt. Boston Scientific expects the transaction to have an immaterial impact on its adjusted earnings per share in 2014 and 2015, and to be accretive starting in 2016. On a GAAP earnings per share basis, Boston Scientific expects the transaction to be slightly accretive in 2014 as a result of a non-cash acquisition-related gain on its previously held equity investment, immaterial in 2015 and 2016, and to be less accretive than adjusted earnings per share thereafter as a result of acquisition-related net charges and amortization, which will be determined following the closing.
News For BSX From The Last 14 Days
Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.
April 20, 2015
16:09 EDTBSXBoston Scientific announces long-term data underscore safety, efficacy of S-ICD
The Journal of the American College of Cardiology published data confirming the long-term safety and efficacy of the Boston Scientific S-ICD System for patients at risk of sudden cardiac arrest. The study, "Safety and Efficacy of the Totally Subcutaneous Implantable Defibrillator: 2-year Results from a Pooled Analysis of the IDE Study and EFFORTLESS Registry" was led by Dr. Martin Burke, professor of medicine at the University of Chicago. The analysis combined data from two large S-ICD studies to provide the most comprehensive look at S-ICD System patient outcomes to date. The all-cause mortality rate for the S-ICD patients was 1.6% per year, comparing favorably to observed mortality rates in similar TV-ICD studies. Currently, the S-ICD System is covered nationally by Medicare, Aetna, Cigna and others, and regionally by numerous private and Medicaid plans, providing coverage for approximately 170M individuals in the U.S. The S-ICD System has been commercially available in Europe since 2009.
07:44 EDTBSXSurvey shows strong momentum for Boston Scientific devices, says RBC Capital
RBC Capital says that its survey supports strong momentum for Boston Scientific's S-ICD and Watchman, and the firm thinks the company is probably gaining share in single-chamber ICDs. The firm raised its price target on the shares to $20 from $17 and recommends buying the shares at current levels or on pullbacks.
April 16, 2015
16:11 EDTBSXBoston Scientific enrolls first patient REDUCE-HTN: REINFORCE study
Boston Scientific announced the first patient in the REDUCE-HTN: REINFORCE study was enrolled this week at Cardiology P.C. at Princeton Baptist Medical Center in Birmingham, AL by Farrell Mendelsohn, M.D., site principal investigator, and referred by Michael Wilensky, M.D. Boston Scientific received an investigational device exemption, or IDE, for the study from the FDA in December.
April 14, 2015
09:09 EDTBSXBoston Scientific announces strategic alliance with Frankenman
Boston Scientific announced the signing of a strategic alliance with Frankenman Medical Equipment Company, a recognized leader with deep local market expertise in the China surgical devices market. This alliance is expected to enable Boston Scientific and Frankenman to reach more clinicians and treat more patients by providing access to training on less invasive endoscopic technologies and the clinical and economic benefits these therapies can provide. CPEChina Fund, an entity of CITIC PE, is a current shareholder of Frankenman and will continue to support the company's growth in alignment with this strategic partnership.Under the terms of the agreement, Boston Scientific will become a shareholder of Frankenman, and provide services and expertise to Frankenman to support its continued growth, development pipeline and manufacturing capabilities. The transaction is expected to close in the first half of 2015, subject to customary closing conditions.

Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.

I agree to the theflyonthewall.com disclaimer & terms of use