New User:

-or-
Username:
Password:
Forgot your password?

Stock Market & Financial Investment News

News Breaks
August 24, 2014
04:55 EDTYELP, YELP, YELP, YELP, SIMO, SIMO, SIMO, SIMO, NVDA, NVDA, NVDA, NVDA, MRVL, MRVL, MRVL, MRVL, LRCX, LRCX, LRCX, LRCX, JDSU, JDSU, JDSU, JDSU, ISIL, ISIL, ISIL, ISIL, INTC, INTC, INTC, INTC, BRCM, BRCM, BRCM, BRCM, AMAT, AMAT, AMAT, AMAT, AKAM, AKAM, AKAM, AKAMB. Riley to hold a tour
Silicon Valley Tech Tour travels throughout Silicon Valley on August 25-27.
News For AKAM;AMAT;BRCM;INTC;ISIL;JDSU;LRCX;MRVL;NVDA;SIMO;YELP From The Last 14 Days
Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.
1 | 2 | 3 | all recent news | >>
June 24, 2015
17:57 EDTINTCWall Street applauds Senate giving go-ahead for 'fast track' trade powers
Subscribe for More Information
11:01 EDTINTCHoneywell and Intel to collaborate for Internet of Things security
Subscribe for More Information
10:00 EDTAMATOn The Fly: Analyst Upgrade Summary
Subscribe for More Information
09:35 EDTINTCActive equity options trading on open
Subscribe for More Information
07:12 EDTAMATApplied Materials upgraded to Conviction Buy from Buy at Goldman
Goldman added Applied Materials to the Conviction Buy List with a $24 price target due to the accelerating 3D NAND product cycle, increased focus on the core business, and capital allocation. The firm believes the July SEMICON meeting will be a catalysts for shares and provide constructive commentary on fundamentals.
06:47 EDTAKAMAkamai releases Q1 'State of the Internet' report
Akamai Technologies released its Q1 State of the Internet Report. Based on data gathered from the Akamai Intelligent Platform, the report provides insight into key global statistics such as connection speeds and broadband adoption across fixed and mobile networks, overall attack traffic, global 4K readiness, and IPv4 exhaustion and IPv6 implementation. the first quarter of 2015, Akamai observed a 1.2% quarterly increase in the number of unique IPv4 addresses connecting to the Akamai Intelligent Platform, growing to over 812 million—about 10 million more than were seen in the fourth quarter of 2014. n the first quarter, average mobile connection speeds ranged from a high of 20.4 Mbps in the United Kingdom—a 27% increase over the fourth quarter—to a low of 1.3 Mbps in Vietnam. Average peak mobile connection speeds ranged from 149.3 Mbps in Australia to 8.2 Mbps in Indonesia. Denmark saw 98% of unique ip addresses from mobile providers connect to Akamai at speeds above 4 Mbps, followed by Sweden and Venezuela with 97% each. On the other end of the spectrum, four countries—Vietnam, Iran, Kazakhstan, and Bolivia—each had less than 1% of ip addresses connecting at those speeds. Based on traffic data collected by Ericsson, the global volume of mobile data traffic grew by 12% between the fourth quarter of 2014 and first quarter of 2015. Analysis of Akamai io data collected during the first quarter from a sample of requests to the Akamai Intelligent Platform indicates that for traffic from mobile devices on cellular networks, Apple Mobile Safari accounted for roughly 35% of requests, down slightly from 36% in the fourth quarter, while Android Webkit and Chrome for mobile accounted for 23% and 16% of requests, respectively—giving a total of 39% for the Android platform. For traffic from mobile devices across all networks, Apple Mobile Safari was responsible for close to 47% of requests, down from 48% last quarter, while Android Webkit and Chrome Mobile made up just over 25% and 17% of requests, respectively, for a total of 42%. ontinuing the trend seen in the fourth quarter of 2014, the number of unique IPv4 addresses worldwide connecting to Akamai grew by nearly 10 million in the first quarter. As noted in last quarter’s report, however, the company expects that the number of unique global IPv4 addresses seen by Akamai may level off or decline in the future as more carriers implement carrier-grade network address translation solutions in an effort to conserve limited IPv4 address space and as they increase support for and availability of native IPv6 connectivity for subscribers.
June 23, 2015
12:54 EDTNVDA, INTCPC concerns weighing on shares of Seagate, Western Digital
Subscribe for More Information
10:00 EDTYELPOn The Fly: Analyst Initiation Summary
Today's noteworthy initiations include: Adeptus Health (ADPT) initiated with a Buy at BofA/Merrill... Angie's List (ANGI) initiated with a Hold at Topeka... Avenue Financial (AVNU) initiated with an Equal Weight at Stephens... CASI Pharmaceuticals (CASI) initiated with a Buy at H.C. Wainwright... Corindus (CVRS) initiated with a Buy at Stifel... Coupons.com (COUP) initiated with a Market Perform at William Blair... Five Below (FIVE) initiated with an Outperform at RBC Capital... Franklin Financial Network (FSB) initiated with an Equal Weight at Stephens... Galmed (GLMD) initiated with a Buy at H.C. Wainwright... Genesis Healthcare (GEN) initiated with a Neutral at Susquehanna... Groupon (GRPN) initiated with a Hold at Topeka... GrubHub (GRUB) initiated with a Buy at Topeka... Hercules Technology (HTGC) initiated with a Buy at Compass Point... Immersion (IMMR) initiated with a Buy at Craig-Hallum... Lipocine (LPCN) initiated with a Buy at Canaccord... NeoGenomics (NEO) initiated with a Buy at BTIG... Novadaq (NVDQ) initiated with a Neutral at BTIG... Perrigo (PRGO) initiated with an Outperform at BMO Capital... Signal Genetics (SGNL) initiated with a Buy at Chardan... Standard Motor Products (SMP) initiated with a Neutral at CL King... United Community Financial (UCFC) initiated with a Market Perform at Keefe Bruyette... WP Glimcher (WPG) initiated with a Neutral at Goldman... WhiteWave (WWAV) initiated with a Buy at Maxim... Yelp (YELP) initiated with a Buy at Topeka.
07:41 EDTINTCRed Hat to hold a summit
Red Hat Summit 2015 is being held in Boston on June 23-26 with webcasted company presentations to begin on June 23 at 4 pm; not all presentations may be webcasted. Webcast Link
06:23 EDTYELPYelp initiated with a Buy at Topeka
Subscribe for More Information
06:05 EDTINTCIntel pushing into SSD market and hope to surpass Samsung in 2016, DigiTimes says
Intel (INTC) is looking to push into the SSD market with its newest 750 series SSDs with technology able to enhance the transmission speed, reports DigiTimes. According to sources from the upstream supply chain, the company is also offering price cuts on its existing products in order to narrow its gap with the largest vendor Samsung (SSNLF). Sources also expect Intel to draw near to Samsung in 2H15 and may even have a chance to surpass Samsung in 2016. Reference Link
06:05 EDTINTCNo clear prospects for PC component suppliers until July, DigiTimes reports
There are no clear business prospects for PC component suppliers until July, reports DigiTimes. According to sources in the supply chain, Intel's decision to delay the launch of its Skylake platform has weakened market demand for notebooks and other PC systems. The planned release of Microsoft (MSFT) Windows 10 may also affect the production of PC makers. Reference Link
05:57 EDTYELPStocks with implied volatility above IV index mean; XOMA YELP
Subscribe for More Information
June 22, 2015
18:58 EDTYELPYelp initiated with a Buy at Topeka
Target $60.
17:55 EDTNVDAITC staff supports clearing Samsung, Qualcomm, in NVIDIA case, Bloomberg says
The U.S. International Trade Commission staff recommends that Samsung Electronics (SSNLF) and Qualcomm (QCOM) be absolved of patent-infringement accusations brought by Nvidia (NVDA), Bloomberg reports. Reference Link
15:15 EDTYELPYelp July calls active
Subscribe for More Information
10:47 EDTAMATCadence Design and Applied Materials collaborate on joint development program
Subscribe for More Information
09:40 EDTINTCActive equity options trading on open
Subscribe for More Information
08:35 EDTINTCKopin divests interest in Recon Instruments
Kopin (KOPN) said it had divested its equity interest in Recon Instruments as part of Intel Corporation’s (INTC) acquisition of Recon. Kopin anticipates that it will receive approximately $6M in cash proceeds for its equity interest, subject to certain closing conditions including a working capital adjustment.
June 21, 2015
16:32 EDTINTCAMD considers spinoff or break-up, Reuters says
AMD (AMD) has hired a consulting firm to help it review a potential split or spinoff, Reuters reported late Friday, citing three people familiar with the matter. Reuters notes that AMD may be seeking to better compete with Intel (INTC), and sources said one option being considered is to separate AMD's server business from its graphics and licensing arm. Though the company had previously decided against such an option, sources noted that CEO Lisa Su believes the move is worth reconsidering. Reference Link
1 | 2 | 3 | all recent news | >>

Sign up for a free trial to see the rest of the stories you've been missing.

I agree to the theflyonthewall.com disclaimer & terms of use